Sunday, April 17, 2011

I have been Machine Quilting this week. Not free motion or ditch quilting, BUT quilting with the Embroidery machine's. I had forgot how many quilting designs I had, So Saturday after work I set my machines up and off I went. This is one of the new designs from Husqvarna ,all you do is load it into your machine, hoop up your quilt and off you go. I am using the Ruby. It is only a new machine it came out late last year. Very nice to use.
Position the design in the middle, check to see if it is going to fit and hit start. I will shadow quilt when this part is finished also.
I always pinned most of my quilts , but lately I have been tacking. I find the quilt stays together better and the overall effect turns out alot better. Using the sweet 16 is much easier if it tacked also. Sometimes I get so many quilt tops done Jan and Leanne do some for me.
I know I talk alot about machine Embroidery BUT that's what I do. I LOVE IT. It's the next step of sewing for me. I still love everything else but I love learning the technology of Machine Embroidery ,always something new happening. These Russian Rolls I have been stitching out to. They are so cute. There will be 12 in total and they come in 2 sizes.

They are applique. Everything we normally do with patchwork and quilting you can do on the Embroidery Machines.

Also this week it was my birthday. Thank you to everyone for there kind wishes (and the cakes)And thanks to Ally for this Fabric. It's beautiful, I love it.
Don't Forget classes for this week are only on Monday and Tuesday 9 - 1. No monday night class and we will be closed from Good friday till Tuesday and re-open on Wednesday with all classes back to normal.

Hope you all have a great Easter.
Till next week Happy Sewing Jody

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the fabric hun.. it was my pleasure
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Jody! I'm loving the quilting with the embroidery machine.

    ReplyDelete